Are you interested in conducting research on applications of large language models to the EdTech and FinTech domains?
We are looking to recruit three postdoctoral researchers in the MBZUAI (Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence) Department of Natural Language Processing to work with myself and Prof. Ted Briscoe. The three projects will broadly focus on:
- Educational Dialog Systems
- Summarization of Financial Regulations
- Grammatical Error Correction with the focus on English and Modern Standard Arabic
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree (or be close to obtaining one) in a relevant field
- Strong background in natural language processing and/or machine learning with substantial experience in NLP
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Knowledge of PyTorch and relevant NLP tools.
- Excellent command of English and strong communication and presentation skills
Apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/124150
The positions are available for 2 years initially starting 1st September 2023 with a possibility of subsequent renewal. The salary is tax-free and competitive (approx. USD 75-100K) depending on experience. The benefits include medical insurance, support with relocation and visa application, 30 calendar days vacation leave per year, and generous support for conference attendance.
Informal enquiries concerning the projects can be directed to the Faculty Affairs team firstname.lastname@example.org.